JUNE 12-16, 2002
III. EUROPEAN FESTIVAL OF ANIMATED
FEATURE FILMS AND TV SPECIALS
The regulation of this Festival considers the rules
of the Association Internationale du Film d'Animation/International
Animated Film Association (ASIFA) and the ethic codes
of the European Coordination of Film Festival.
2. Official Languages:
The official languages of the Festival are Hungarian
3. Qualification for Entries:
The following qualifications are required for entry
works in the Festival:
(1) Entry works - feature (min.52minutes) and TV-Special
- shall be made "frame by frame", including computer
(2) Entry works will be screened either on 35 mm film
or on BETA SP videotape.
a) 35mm films should have a 3m leader.
b) BETACAM SP shall start with a colour bar for 3
minutes and 5 seconds black. Only BETA SP PAL format
is acceptable for the screening.
c) VHS PAL tape only acceptable for selection. Videotapes
shall be on standard 3/4 inch cassettes in PAL format.
If the work is selected it must arrive on 35 mm or
on BETACAM SP PAL format by May 30th, 2002.
(3) Works shall be those that have been completed
after February 1st, 1999.
(4) The right of the entry work is forbidden to be
owned by Hungarian company/person more than 50%.
(5) Copyrighted characters, scripts, music, etc.,
cannot be used in the works without the copyright
owner's agreement. Failure to obtain such agreement
will result in the disqualification of the work from
(6) Each film or videotape shall contain only one
(7) Works, which have already been awarded prizes
at other festivals, shall be accepted. In this case,
a listing of all awards and prizes received must be
fully indicated on the entry form.
4. Entry Procedures:
(1) Entry forms must be filled out and sent together
with films/videos to the Festival Office. Two stills
of each work (either black and white or colour), preferably
300-dpi/32 bit or 8 bit greyscale JPG images and two
photographs of the director, preferably 5x5cm, must
be enclosed on floppy disk, CD-ROM, ZIP disk or as
an e-mail attachment.
(2) For works with narration or dialogue, the script
must be enclosed. If any narration or dialogue is
spoken in a language other than the official languages
of the Festival, an English translation must be attached
to the script. The text format may be text typed or
printed or created in any PC compatible digital text
format. It may be sent by post or on floppy disk,
CD-ROM, ZIP disk or as an e-mail attachment. It is
desired that the films or videotapes have English
or Hungarian subtitles.
(3) One entry form is required for each work.
(4) No entry fee is required.
(5) Entry forms may be photocopies.
(6) Works shall be sent as follows:
I. Each 35mm film containing one work shall be wound
around a core. The film shall have the title of the
work clearly printed on the leader.
II. Each film shall be sent in a canister inside an
adequate shipping container.
I. Each cassette shall contain one work.
II. Each cassette shall have the title clearly written
III. Each cassette shall be cent in an adequate shipping
(7) The container shall be clearly identified with
the required information.
(8) All films/videotapes will be sent at the sender's
risk. Any works sent collect on delivery will be refused.
(9) Entry forms and films/videos should reach the
festival office between the following dates:
January 1 - March 10, 2002
5. Insurance of Entry Works:
(1) The Organizing Committee will insure the safety
of films and cassettes from the time of delivery to
the Festival 0ffice until the time of delivery to
the return address indicated on the entry from.
(2) In case of loss or damage to a film or videotape,
the obligation of the Organizing Committee is limited
to compensating the entrant only to the extent of
the colt of making a new print or videotape transfer.
6. Selections and Competition:
(1) The Organizing Committee will select the members
of the International Selection Committee and the International
Jury in accordance with ASIFA regulations.
(2) The selection will take place after the 10th of
(3) The official competition will be from June 12
to 16, 2002.
(4) The decisions of the International Selection Committee
and the International Jury will be considered final,
and no questions regarding the decisions will be accepted.
7. Festival Prizes and Cash Awards:
(1) The official prizes ar
|THE BEST FEATURE FILM
|THE BEST TV SPECIAL
(2) The Organizing Committee also welcomes
certain organizations wishing to present its own special
prizes and cash awards.
(1) It will be the responsibility of the International
Selection Committee to select the works for the competition
program. The final selection will be based on the
time available for the screenings, as specified by
the Organizing Committee.
(2) It will be the International Jury's responsibility
to decide the program format of prize-winning entries
to be shown at the closing session of the Festival,
based on the time available for this screening, which
shall be specified by the Organizing Committee.
9. Promotional Use of Works:
Unless otherwise indicated on the entry form, the
entrant grants the Organizing
Committee the right to use part of the entry or related
materials for publicity purposes of the Kecskemet
Animation Film Festival.
10. Gifts or Donation of Film Prints
The Organizing Committee of the Festival is delighted
to receive any loan or donation of prints of each
works participating. Film selection is no way influenced
by a decision to deposit a copy or not in the Festival
11. Return of Works:
The Organizing Committee will start returning works
to the address indicated on the entry form within
two weeks after the Festival has ended. The Organizing
Committee will not return VHS videotape.
12. Matters Not Mentioned in the
The Organizing Committee will decide matters not mentioned
in these regulations.
13. Acceptance of the Regulations:
By submitting the entry form for the Festival, the
entrant accepts the terms of the present regulations
as stated in this document.
14. Entry materials should be addressed
KECSKEMET ANIMATION FILM FESTIVAL 2002 Festival
H-6000 Kecskemét, Liszt Ferenc utca 21.
Phone: +36 76/481-788 Fax:+36 76/481-787